Because it scales with both Faith and Intelligence, it utilizes to different values of Spell Buff depending on the spell cast. It cannot use any Spell Buff gained from Intelligence when casting standard Miracles like Lightning Arrow, but only when casting Pyromancies and Dark Miracles such as Great Chaos Fire Orb or Dorhys' Gnawing, and it does not gain any Dark bonuses while casting Dark spells. Being a talisman, it is capable of benefiting from values of Faith up to 60, however as a dual-scaling catalyst it can also efficiently utilize Intelligence up to values of 45.
However, despite all these characteristics, its Spell Buff is rather poor at all values of Intelligence and Faith, making a "master of none" rather than a "jack of all trades." As a Miracle catalyst it is outstripped by even weak tools like the Saint-tree Bellvine, and furthermore it suffers from the distinction of being the only talisman that does not possess Unfaltering Prayer, making it incapable of poise casting. As a Pyromancy catalyst, it is easily outclassed by both Pyromancy Flames and the Demon's Scar at much lower investments of Intelligence and Faith.
How to obtainEdit
In order to survive the trip inside the lava, there are many strategies that can be followed and even combined before venturing inside. The main idea is to slow down the loss of HP enough time, allowing the player to heal up and advance a bit further, repeating the process as many times as necessary until they have successfully gotten the item and returned to solid ground. Each time the player's health reaches half of the HP bar, they should heal.
Here is a small list with just a few strategies to survive:
- Wear all four individual armor pieces that each provide the best Fire resistance from all other armor collected so far.
- Make sure the character is a Host of Embers in order to have a larger HP pool, thus having more time and better chances to survive between heals.
- Cast Flash Sweat.
- Consume a Red Bug Pellet.
- Equip rings that provide useful effects, like:
- Equip gear that provide HP regeneration, like the Sun Princess Ring and the Ancient Dragon Greatshield.
- Blocking will, interestingly enough, reduce the damage taken but only as long as the player faces the far wall.
- This item is reference to Quelaag's Sister from Dark Souls, the only member of the Daughters of Chaos who had white hair.
- On the in-game model of the talisman, the hairs are secured in place by an Old Witch's Ring, which was required to understand her speech.
Reinforced with Twinkling Titanite.
|Canvas Talisman • Saint's Talisman • Sunless Talisman • Sunlight Talisman • Talisman • White Hair Talisman|