The bottom of The Catacombs can be accessed from the spiralling staircase by falling onto a series of ledges and into a hole. Upon reaching him, he will open up a shortcut to the wheel skeleton valley.
Vamos is the blacksmith in The Catacombs. It might take a while to make it back out of the Catacombs from there and the Tomb of the Giants which proceeds after him is quite large, so his repair services may prove invaluable. He is also the only blacksmith that is able to upgrade weapons down the Fire (by default, can be enhanced after giving him the Large Flame Ember) and Chaos (after giving him the Chaos Flame Ember) paths.
Little to nothing is known about Vamos. No other character acknowledges his existence, let alone his past, as far as anyone knows. Aside from his antisocial remarks, the only information that can be gleaned of his previous life is the Royal Helm he possesses, which is hinted to belong to an ancient royal line.
Health and SoulsEdit
|Physical Defenses||Elemental Defenses||Resistances|
These stats are sourced from FuturePress's Official Dark Souls Strategy Guide.
Hammer of Vamos
|Click to see Dialogue (Contains Spoilers)|
- Vamos claims that the Large Flame Ember is from New Londo, although it is located in the Demon Ruins.
- "Vamos" means "we go" or "let's go" in Spanish and Portuguese; it is also a small town located in Crete, Greece.
- His anvil has no weapon placed on it; he is essentially hammering away at nothing.
- He has a distinct appearance compared to the other skeletons that are encountered throughout the Catacombs and the Tomb of the Giants, sporting a much stockier figure and a beard made out of bone.
- In the Remastered version of the game, a warpable bonfire is present where Vamos resides.
- Vamos' Royal Helm description, summed with the Gyrm Helm, and the race's definition found in the Dark Souls II Collector's Edition Guide may imply he belongs to Gyrm kind, explaining his stocky stature, his blacksmithing job, and his dismissive behavior towards the player.