A dilapidated township filled with crude buildings and rotting corpses. The Undead Settlement is a rather lengthy area filled with dangerous enemies. Although the resident Peasant Hollows are relatively easy to deal with, dispatching the Hollow Slaves will prove to be tricky, and the area introduces a new, dangerous enemy: the Evangelists.
Although the route to the adjacent Road of Sacrifices is straightforward, players can choose to explore the area more thoroughly if they seek to challenge the optional boss, the Curse-rotted Greatwood, participate in Siegward's questline, or meet new NPCs.
- Cage Madman
- Cornyx of the Great Swamp
- Eygon of Carim
- Giant Archer of the Undead Settlement
- Hollow Manservant (non-hostile)
- Holy Knight Hodrick
- Irina of Carim
- Siegward of Catarina
- Velka, the Goddess of Sin
- Yoel of Londor
- Cage Spider
- Giant Hound Rat
- Hollow Manservant
- Hound Rat
- Peasant Hollow
- Starved Hound
- * If required conditions are met.
- The Undead Settlement is one of the largest areas in the game. A significant portion of the area is optional and can be bypassed to access the Road of Sacrifices, including the area's boss.
- On rare occasions, the gate to the giant archer's tower which houses the lift giving access to the Road of Sacrifices may be found covered by a fog wall and cannot be interacted with. Exit and continue the game to solve this issue.
- The entrance to the Undead Settlement is stepped, which is interesting since wheeled carriages were supposed to pass through from Lothric before the High Wall appeared.
- The passive hollows wandering around the front gate drop no souls when killed.