The Catacombs is an underground area filled with Skeletons, Necromancers and Wisps. Necromancers, a non-respawning enemy, hide in the shadows of many areas and will continue to resurrect nearby Skeletons until they draw their last breath. Alternatively, using a Divine weapon will prevent Skeletons from reanimating without the need to first dispatch the Necromancers.
There are two bonfires.
- The first is found early on upon entering the area, left of the pillars and two Skeleton Swordsmen, guarded by a Necromancer.
- A second one is behind an illusory wall next to the ladder to the second switch mechanism for a bridge. It can be seen through a crack in the wall next to the first bridge switch.
- Dark Souls Remastered adds a third - directly opposite Blacksmith Vamos.
- Patches - Found at the switch next to the second bonfire. Has a mini-event associated with him here (click his link for more information). Appears here only if Reah and her company have not yet left Firelink Shrine and if Pinwheel hasn't been defeated.
- Vamos (Merchant and blacksmith) - He can be found after falling to his location from above. He will open a shortcut to the valley of Bonewheel Skeletons.
- Paladin Leeroy (White Phantom) - His sign is found on a ledge close to the boss room; it can only be reached by falling from above.
- Tranquil Walk of Peace (Corpse)
- Eye of Death x3 (Corpse)
- Rite of Kindling (Pinwheel - Drop)
- Skull Lantern (Corpse and Necromancer - Drop)
- Darkmoon Seance Ring (Corpse)
- Demon Titanite (Titanite Demon - Drop)
- Green Titanite Shard (Corpse)
- White Titanite Chunk (Black Knight - Drop)