To activate the Storm Ruler's skill, Storm King, the player first needs to wield the weapon with both hands and press and hold the Left Strong Attack button ( / ) for five seconds to charge the blade (the blade's charge will not wear out in time).
While still wielding the sword with both hands, press and hold the Left Strong Attack button ( / ) once more to acquire an offensive stance and then press either the Right Weak Attack button ( / ) or the Right Strong Attack button ( / ) to unleash a two-handed slam attack on the ground which will call in a powerful storm, sending it forward.
|Horizontal slash from right to left, followed by another slash from left to right if pressed once again.|
|Starts with a vertical downward slash, then follows with a horizontal slash from left to right if pressed again. The charged is the same, but has a longer wait time.|
|Downward slash smashing the ground followed by a upward slash reaching overhead.|
|Does a horizontal slash from right to left. Follows this pattern if pressed again. The pattern also goes for charged two handed attacks, but with a longer wait time.|
|Jump Attack||Small jump followed by a vertical smash to the ground.|
|Same as one hand jump attack.|
|Running Attack||Throws the blade behind the character back to perform a 360° spin attack.|
|Same move as the one hand run attack with a smaller recovery time after the attack.|
|Rolling Attack||Quick smash to the floor.|
|Same as the one hand roll attack.|
- The Storm Ruler's skill, Storm King, imbues the blade with the power of storm, allowing it to deal heavy damage to giants.
- This ability can almost be considered a requirement while facing Yhorm the Giant, since most other attacks will deal very low damage to him.
- Hitting Yhorm's upper body with other weapons will still deal heavy damage to him - the bonus damage is not tied to the Weapon Art itself, but rather to Yhorm's upper body. High-reaching attacks, such as those from Ultra Greatswords, can hit for high damage if the attack connects with Yhorm's head or upper body.
- Contrary to the description, the skill only deals high damage to Yhorm. Other giants will take the same amount of damage as any other enemy, and are not staggered by it.
- The Storm Ruler cannot be sold or dropped.
- Yhorm the Giant once held two Storm Rulers. He gave one to the humans who doubted him and left the other to his dear friend, Siegward of Catarina, before facing his fate as a Lord of Cinder.
- Even though it is not a soul-transposed weapon, the Storm Ruler is upgraded with Titanite Scale.
- This weapon and its weapon art are references to the Storm King boss and Stormruler weapon in Demon's Souls.
Reinforced with Titanite Scale.