A member of the Blade of the Darkmoon, Sirris crosses paths with the player numerous times as she hunts down members of Rosaria's Fingers. Her true quest is to confront her grandfather, Hodrick, and end his madness.
In addition to being able to summon her, Sirris calls upon the player's assistance during her quest to help combat her opponents.
Sirris is first encountered at Firelink Shrine after igniting the Halfway Fortress bonfire; however, she won't interact with the player until they deliver the Dreamchaser's Ashes to the Shrine Handmaid. Sirris will then explain who she is and teach the "Darkmoon Loyalty" gesture. She can then be summoned for the Deacons of the Deep and Abyss Watchers boss fights.
After eliminating the beast at the start of Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, lighting the Central Irithyll bonfire and then reloading the area, a summon sign will appear at the start of the bridge which allows the player to be summoned to Sirris's world to help her defeat Creighton the Wanderer. After Creighton is killed, Sirris will return to Firelink and reward the player with a Blessed Mail Breaker and the Silvercat Ring.
Once the player defeats both the Curse-rotted Greatwood and Aldrich, Devourer of Gods, the Shrine Handmaid will sell a unique Budding Green Blossom, with a special message on it. This is a hint to the player to return to Undead Settlement and go to the arena where the Greatwood was fought. A summon sign can be found at the cusp of the pit, allowing the player to assist Sirris within the Pit of Hollows below. Here, she will confront Hodrick, her grandfather, and kill him with the player's assistance. After the fight, the Sunset Shield will appear at an isolated grave just outside Firelink Shrine, and the Sunset Set can be found within the Pit of Hollows.
After Hodrick is defeated, Sirris will appear at Firelink Shrine and ask to swear a vow of knighthood to the player. If accepted, she can be summoned for the Dragonslayer Armour and Lorian, Elder Prince and Lothric, Younger Prince boss fights. Regardless of whether she was summoned for any of these battles, her corpse can be found at Hodrick's grave after defeating the Twin Princes, holding the Sunless Talisman.
If her knighthood is refused, Sirris will remain at Firelink Shrine to give the player a chance to change their mind; however, once the player defeats any boss, she will leave. Once this happens, she can be found hollowed in the Pit of Hollows, praying to the Altar of Sacrifice. Approaching will cause her to immediately become hostile, and she can be killed for her talisman at this point.
Regardless of cause, the Shrine Handmaid will have the Sunless Set for sale after Sirris's death.
|Click to see dialogue|
- At any point in her questline, it is possible to obtain her talisman and set by killing her whenever she appears in Firelink Shrine. Completing her quest beyond defeating Creighton of Mirrah will allow the player access to Hodrick's equipment as well as her assistance in later boss fights.
- Offering a Pale Tongue to Rosaria, Mother of Rebirth to deepen devotion to Rosaria's Fingers will anger Sirris and the player will be unable to continue her questline. This also applies to any Pale Tongues offered after she vows knighthood to the player.
- In previous versions, simply equipping the Rosaria's Fingers covenant item, or using Pale Tongues to access Rosaria's rebirth services would also end Sirris's questline.
- Once she has vowed knighthood to the player, she will not retaliate should the player attack her.
- The unique Budding Green Blossom purchased from the Shrine Handmaid after defeating Aldrich has a special description: "Good-bye, dear Grandmother. I will visit Grandfather, in the Pit of Hollows.", which may imply that the handmaid is actually Sirris's grandmother, and possibly Hodrick's wife.