The Profaned Capital was ruled over by Yhorm the Giant, descendant of an ancient conqueror, who was nevertheless asked by the previously subjugated people to lead them. A sorcery school was established there, one of two leading schools claiming to be heir to the legacy of Big Hat Logan. The court sorcerers from the Profaned Capital also served as oracles, as golden stitching of their robes suggest. Although the were undeniably intelligent and adept in their craft, it is possible that they did not followed Big Hat Logan as much as they claimed to.
As a result of a curse shared between a group of women, the everlasting Profaned Flame was triggered. Despite their culpability, the women went on living carelessly, although they then turned into malformed creatures.. After Yhorm became a Lord of Cinder in order to stop the Profaned Flame, the city was burned down by fire said to be coming from the sky. It consumed only humans.
Part of the flame is preserved in icy skull, found in Irithyll Dungeon. It serves as a prison, in which guards are Jailers, survivors from the Profaned Capital. Handmaids serving in the Capital reportedly took pleasure in hurting others.
Gargoyles wielding either spears or hammers (into which the Profaned Flame is imbued) are encountered throughout the Profaned Capital. It is not known if they appeared before or after the city was ruined.
- Main article: Irithyll Dungeon (bonfires)
- Blooming Purple Moss Clump (×3)
- Court Sorcerer Set
- Court Sorcerer's Staff (drop: Mimic)
- Covetous Gold Serpent Ring
- Cursebite Ring
- Flame Stoneplate Ring+1
- Greatshield of Glory (drop: Mimic)
- Large Soul of a Weary Warrior / Soul of a Venerable Old Hand
- Logan's Scroll (drop: Court Sorcerer)
- Magic Stoneplate Ring+2
- Onislayer Greatarrow (×8)
- Onislayer Greatbow
- Poison Arrow (×18)
- Poison Gem
- Purging Stone (×4)
- Rusted Coin (×4)
- Rusted Gold Coin (×3)
- Shriving Stone
- Storm Ruler
- Titanite Slab*
- Twinkling Titanite (×2, drop: Crystal Lizards)
- Undead Bone Shard
- Wrath of the Gods
- * If required conditions are met.
- ↑ Soul of Yhorm the Giant item description.
- ↑ Court Sorcerer Robe item description.
- ↑ Court Sorcerer's Staff item description.
- ↑ Logan's Scroll item description.
- ↑ Eleonora item description.
- ↑ Cinders of a Lord item description.
- ↑ Profaned Flame item description.
- ↑ Profaned Coal item description.
- ↑ Jailer Set description.
- ↑ Handmaid's Dagger item description.
- ↑ Gargoyle Flame Spear and Gargoyle Flame Hammer items descriptions.