They are bony, highly humanoid entities made of animated dark soul dregs, wielding weapons born from the murk out of which they rise. None of them appear to have the requisite body parts for bipedal movement, crawling around on the ground, but some stand with the aid of bladed staves.
Four varieties appear in the game, the primary being the crawling murkmen wielding hand scythes, which will reach up and attempt to swipe at the player. They are often being summoned by murkmen utilizing longstaves, discernible from the longstaff fighters by the aura of the Deep surrounding the tips of their weapons. Killing them will prevent more murkmen from coalescing, but they will fight those that come too close (though they will not give chase like the staff fighters), and will cast projectiles that track with increasing speed. One certain variety will explosively transform into its true form, a massive gripping Humanity sprite charging toward the player before hitting an object or dissipating moments later.
|Drop Rate|| ??? |
| ??? |
- Affected by Alluring Skulls (both variants).
- Affected by Aural Decoy (both variants).
- Affected by Rapport (both variants).
- It is highly advisable to kill the sorcerers first, as they can hamper progress by raising more enemies and cast tracking sorceries.
- When faced with the kamikaze variant, one should attempt to roll through them at the last moment, as they have limited tracking and their flailing arms can nick the player as they roll.
- While seemingly inhuman, these lifeforms of the Dark appear to lack the tendons and ligaments required to stand unaided, affording them a handicap that is very human in nature.
- The kamikaze variant resembles Humanity, although it is much more self-aware, able to quickly chase enemies and generate limbs. This can be seen as a testament to the power of the Dark, and to that extent, the Dark Soul within the race of Humans.