- Invades the player as a red phantom to the right of the second bonfire in Blighttown.
- Appears as a white phantom if the player uses the summon sign in front of the fog door before the fight against Quelaag, if defeated as a red phantom.
Maneater Mildred has no dialogue whatsoever, and her appearances are brief. As such, little is known about her. She was probably included in the game to give offline players a taste of invasions and co-op play.
Maneater Mildred moves quickly, but her attacks are slow, and don't do that much damage. She also can't block attacks very well and can be stunlocked by any weapon. Mildred can be easily backstabbed or parried. On the other hand, fighting her can be dangerous as she spawns inside a poisonous swamp with movement impediments. It is recommended to lure her into the bonfire area before engaging her if caught unprepared.
- Up to 8 liquid humanity can be taken from her using a Dark Hand.
- Mildred is an excellent distraction when fighting Quelaag. Despite what her earlier encounter may suggest, she is a very capable tank against the chaos witch.
- Like all red phantoms, Mildred will only invade if the player is not hollow. She'll also leave a bloodstain worth 1 humanity upon death.
Health and Souls
|Physical Defenses||Elemental Defenses||Resistances|
These stats are sourced from FuturePress's Official Dark Souls Strategy Guide.
Rusted Iron Ring
- According to developer interviews, Maneater Mildred was created as a joke when one of the developers, inspired by the Meat Cleaver Black Phantom from Demon's Souls, invaded people in Blighttown with the Butcher's Knife during testing phases.
- Maneater Mildred has been referenced in other games. During a match against bots in Depth: Sharks vs Divers, it is possible for one of the sharks to be named "Maneater Mildred", in reference to the character.