Pale Shades, colloquially known as "Harlots of Death", are assassins of the Sable Church of Londor. They are undying hollows who perform atrocities in the name of their sect, covering their darkly shriveled appearance with a golden sneering mask. The Manikin Claws are their weapon of choice.
They long for the day when a chosen champion is foretold to come and bring the glory back to their land.
Consequences of player's actionsEdit
Depending on the player's standing with Londor, the Londor Pale Shade will be either an ally or an enemy. Should the player be in good graces with Yuria of Londor, the Pale Shade can be summoned as a white phantom and will assist in the fight against the area's boss. However, if the player angers Londor in any way, he will invade the player instead.
The player may fall in ill favor of Londor through the following situations:
- The player kills Yoel of Londor before completing his questline.
- The player kills Anri of Astora at any time during the game.
- The player kills Yuria of Londor or attacks her and makes her hostile.
- The player heals their Dark Sigils through the Fire Keeper.
Of these situations, it is only possible to regain Londor's favor if Yuria is angered but not dead, and the player absolves sin at the Statue of Velka.
- Should the player fall in ill favor of Londor, the Londor Pale Shade invades as a dark spirit near the beginning of the level if exploring the poison swamp in a counter-clockwise direction, where several Basilisks are found.
- Can be summoned for the Abyss Watchers boss battle, if the player is in good graces with Yuria. His summon sign is found on a corner near the Farron Keep Perimeter bonfire.
- Should the player fall in ill favor of Londor, the Londor Pale Shade invades as a dark spirit past the gallery guarded by three Silver Knights, at the top of the first set of stairs.
- Can be summoned for the Pontiff Sulyvahn boss battle, if the player is in good graces with Yuria. His summon sign is found next to one of the statues outside of the boss arena.
- Can be summoned for the Soul of Cinder boss battle, if the player is in good graces with Yuria. His summon sign is found halfway between the bonfire and the boss arena.
He comes armed with the Manikin Claws and will attempt to start his attacks by performing a slow, strong attack, and then follow with normal ones. He does not have much poise, however, and will stagger easily with each attack of most weapons, allowing for many subsequent hits until stamina runs out.
At long range, his offensive capabilities are even more limited, resorting only to throw poison knives in quick succession.
|Drop Rate|| Guaranteed |
- Teaches the "Duel bow" gesture the first time he is summoned, if summoned in Farron Keep or Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. Will not teach the gesture if he is first summoned at Kiln of the First Flame.
- After defeating a hostile Pale Shade in both Farron Keep and Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, the Pale Shade Set will appear in Firelink Shrine at the location where Yoel of Londor and Yuria of Londor used to reside.
- As an invader, he is equipped with an upgraded version of the Dark Hand, despite the weapon being incapable of upgrading by players.