Soul items are not lost upon death, so it is useful to keep some in case players lose their bloodstain but need some souls for leveling up or repairs. Large Souls of a Nameless Soldier can be consumed for 1,000 souls. They can also be fed to Kingseeker Frampt, but as this grants less souls than simply consuming them, there is no good purpose for doing so.
Found on various corpses throughout Lordran:
- Undead Parish
- Hanging out of a window of the church, near the ladder that leads to the roof.
- Right beside the breaking floor section.
- Near the Parasitic Wall Hugger.
- The Great Hollow
- To the left when exiting the first room with the three Basilisks.
- On the branch leading down from the Basilisk group to the bottom of the area.
- Darkroot Garden
- When entering from the Undead Parish, it is behind a rock before reaching the large locked door that requires the Crest of Artorias.
- After taking the path to the right of the locked door that requires the Crest of Artorias, in a small side area before the fog door, it is lying in the middle of three Demonic Foliages that pop out of the ground when the corpse is looted.
- Darkroot Basin
- Valley of Drakes
- Near the locked gate that connects to New Londo Ruins.
- The Catacombs
- New Londo Ruins