Infusion becomes available after defeating The Pursuer in Forest of Fallen Giants and retrieving the Dull Ember from a chest after traveling to the Lost Bastille bonfire "A Tower Apart" by interacting with the bird's nest directly after the boss fight. McDuff is still in his old location.
|Adds Magic Damage to weapon and scaling with Magic Bonus (Intelligence).|
|Adds Fire Damage to weapon and scaling with Fire Bonus (Intelligence and Faith)|
|Adds Lightning Damage to weapon and scaling with Lightning Bonus (Faith).|
|Adds Dark Damage to the weapon and scaling with Dark Bonus (Lower of Faith or Intelligence).|
|Adds Poison Damage to weapon and scaling with Poison Bonus (Dexterity and Adaptability).|
|Adds Bleed Damage to weapon and scaling with Bleed Bonus (Dexterity and Adaptability).|
|Reduces scaling and adds to Base Damage.|
|Adds scaling with Magic Bonus (Intelligence).|
Old Mundane Stone
|Reduces Base Damage by half and adds scaling with lowest player stat.|
- Physical only: Dark, Lightning, Fire, and Magic lower the physical damage by 30% and give 30% to the element picked.
- Same element: The physical damage will be lowered by 5% and the elemental damage will be increased by 44%.
- Different element: The elemental and physical damage will be lowered by 10% and the new one will be the 60% of the first elemental damage type.
Bleed and Poison use different percentages of physical and elemental damage.
- Weapons that use regular Titanite or Twinkling Titanite to upgrade increase by 5% per level. Weapons that use Petrified Dragon Bone to upgrade increase by 10% per level.
Certain weapons bear innate infusions by design. The following table is a breakdown:
- Infusion does not reduce the current upgrade level of the weapon.
- After infusing, there'll be a small icon in the corner of the weapon portrait which tells its element.
- Bleed, Bolt, Darknight, Faint, Firedrake, and Poison stones add resistances to shields.
- Staves can only be infused with Faintstones and Darknight Stones.
- Chimes can only be infused with Boltstones and Darknight Stones.
- Old Mundane Stone works well if the player character's stats are even across the board (e.g. all stats 30).