- Baby Skeleton (Tomb of the Giants) - Semi-rare
- Humanity Phantom (Chasm of the Abyss) - Common
- Pisaca (The Duke's Archives) - Rare
- Snow Rat (Painted World of Ariamis) - Uncommon
- Undead Rat - Uncommon
- Crystal Cave - Past the first Crystal Golem, across an invisible path in a short tunnel.
- Depths - Through a short tunnel in the lowest level, teeming with Basilisks.
- Firelink Shrine - Three can be picked up near the bonfire on a corpse hanging over the well.
- Tomb of the Giants - At the bottom right of the last slide coming from The Catacombs.
- Undead Burg - On top of the fortified wall that also acts as the aqueduct passage to Firelink Shrine.
- Undead Parish - Turn left when facing the door that leads to Knight Lautrec of Carim. One can be found at the end of the hallway.
- Valley of Drakes - In a small cave. It's adjacent to the first Wyvern when coming from New Londo Ruins or Blighttown.
- One is sold by the Undead Female Merchant in Lower Undead Burg for 5,000 souls.
- Three are sold by Patches in Firelink Shrine for 10,000 souls each. Patches is available as a merchant after defeating Gravelord Nito.
- Thirteen are sold by Marvelous Chester in Royal Wood for 10,000 souls each.
Consuming a Humanity will trigger a somewhat lengthy animation, restoring the player to full HP, as well as granting players one liquid humanity. It has no effect on status effects such as Bleed or Poison.
Having liquid humanity also increases item discovery chance (this stops increasing after 10 liquid humanity), as well as defenses (physical, magical, curse resistance, etc.).
Players do not lose solid humanity items upon death. This means that as long as players have Humanity in their inventory, they will not need to worry about running low.
Humanity is a popular item in PvP, as Lloyd's Talismans cannot block players from using humanity to heal; additionally, while phantoms cannot use Estus to heal in their hosts' world, they can use Humanity instead.
Humanity is not such a popular item for healing in PvE, as it takes longer to heal than Estus and is harder to replenish.