- Only approaching the giant greatsword in front of the gravestone triggers the boss fight; it is possible to walk a wide circle around the gravestone, grab the ring, and exit the area without fighting Sif.
- The ring changes the backstab and riposte animations against online PvP opponents and some enemies, such as Havel the Rock, NPCs, and the human guardians of the Forest Hunter covenant in Darkroot Garden.
- Certain types of weapons have different animations (e.g.: katanas, daggers, axes, etc.).
- Prior to patch 1.06, the Hornet Ring boosted critical damage by 50%, instead.
- Due to the circumstances this ring is found, speculation suggests that the body where players get this ring laying on Artorias's Grave is probably Ciaran, long after the events of the Artorias of the Abyss DLC.
- The Hornet Ring's alternate animation for ripostes and backstabs are the same for spears, thrusting swords, katanas, halberds, straight swords, curved swords and daggers - while the other weapon types have different animations.
- Some of the special animations are reminiscent of critical hit animations in Demon's Souls.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.