A total of 21 Bounding Demons are located in the lava filled area of Lost Izalith. Only one can be found outside of Izalith, lying dormant on the bridge in the Painted World of Ariamis, behind the Undead Dragon.
Bounding Demons are the decomposed bottom halves of once living dragons brought to life by the Bed of Chaos. What looks to be a faceless head with horns was once part of a spine. Its legs remain mostly intact with half of its tail still useful for attacking. Even without proper sensory organs they are able to detect players when they venture too close.
- The Bounding Demon's attacks can damage one another. For cautious players, one safe method is to lure several enemies from the tower. They will eventually kill each other, leaving only one badly damaged enemy for the player to finish off.
- Bounding Demons are limited to jumping and stomp attacks when the player is within close-range.
- When a Bounding Demon executes a high jump the player can trick the AI by jogging away from the enemy and back towards it, and away from the enemy again where it should land at a safe distance. One can also utilize the tower's walls where the Demonic Statues are as a safe zone.
- If possible, avoid the triple stomp attack to access the left leg and deal some damage.
- Lightning miracles, as well as lightning imbued weapons, are particularly effective against this enemy.
- Wearing the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring in the Lost Izalith will make the player completely unnoticeable as long as they do not attack or collide with them. It is recommended to avoid them entirely when using this method, as trying to pass directly under one may still allow it to detect the player.
|Attack||Damage||Attack Type||Status Effect||Parryable||Tracking||Attack Speed|
|Triple Right Stomp||528||Strike||None||No||Neither||Slow|
|Location||Physical Defenses||Elemental Defenses||Resistances|
These stats are sourced from FuturePress's Official Dark Souls Strategy Guide.
- Lord Soul description.