A hunter who served several kings of Lothric. He held the title of "Black Hand", a title that is only bestowed upon hunters that serve successive kings. To date, only three have obtained this title (Black Hand Kamui is one and the other is unknown).
He was able to obtain said title due to his expert swordsmanship. Eventually, due to the decaying state of the kingdom, he attempted to escape Lothric Castle, though he did not succeed. He wears the Black Hand Set and wields the Gotthard Twinswords.
- Summonable as a white phantom for fighting against the Abyss Watchers.
- Summonable as a white phantom for fighting against Pontiff Sulyvahn.
- His corpse can be found just before the entrance to the Grand Archives after defeating the first three Lords of Cinder (Abyss Watchers, Aldrich and Yhorm) and holds the Grand Archives Key.
- Teaches the "By My Sword" gesture the first time he is summoned.
- The corpse of Gotthard that can be found in front of the Grand Archives is actually that of Black Hand Kamui, as it is equipped with Onikiri and Ubadachi rather than the Gotthard Twinswords; both characters share the same model/face but wield different weapons. Additionally, the corpse can be seen blinking if one uses a bow or binoculars to zoom in on his face.