Hey guys, I'm trying to link together all the events (barring some characters e.g. Lautrec, Rosabeth, Braveheart of Jugo) from the two games, and postulate what's happened inbetween. I'd love to hear your thoughts, corrections and additions are more than welcome. (WARNING: this is a damned long post. Also, spoilers for both games, but that's a risk for every single thing on this wiki).
1. Discovery of the First Flame and Lord Souls, creation of disparity, birth of humanity, Lords, and various other races. GWYN creates his Silver Knights and employs GOUGH, CIARAN, ORNSTEIN and ARTORIAS as his four most trusted knights to wage war on the dragons, creates MIRACLES. WITCH OF IZALITH creates fire sorcery. Creation and use of TITANITE by blacksmith deity and SORCERIES by SEATHE, who steals the Primordial Crystal and swears allegiance to the newcomers. Many warriors slain for every dragon brought down.
2. Utter destruction of dragons and most arch-trees, save for distantly related species and a handful of survivors such as the STONE DRAGON who founds the PATH OF THE DRAGON; NITO founds the GRAVELORD SERVANTS. Birth of necromancy.
3. Age of Ancients ends, Age of Fire begins. FURTIVE PYGMY disappears.
4. Burial of MANUS.
5. Founding of LORDRAN, specifically ANOR LONDO and IZALITH, followed by various other kingdoms, on top of the former world.
6. Construction of KILN of the First Flame, DEPTHS, and TOMB OF THE GIANTS; NITO retires to this area.
7. Founding of BLADES of the DARKMOON.
8. Birth of CROSSBREED PRISCILLA (possible child of VELKA and SEATHE), creation of THE PAINTED WORLD OF ARIAMIS and her exile along with the CROW DEMONS.
9. Disappearance/death of VELKA; GWYNDOLIN takes over the BLADES OF THE DARKMOON.
10. Construction of SEN’S FORTRESS, creation of Serpent Men, creation/enslavement of Giants. The lowest parts of the DEPTHS become BLIGHTTOWN.
11. Founding of NEW LONDO, the BURG and PARISH, construction of BELLS OF AWAKENING; construction of CATACOMBS over the TOMB OF THE GIANTS.
12. Banishment of GWYN’S FIRSTBORN. Founding of WARRIORS OF SUNLIGHT.
13. First Flame begins to fade.
14. DARKROOT GARDEN AND BASIN forms; founding of FOREST HUNTERS.
15. Fall of NEW LONDO. Founding of DARKWRAITHS.
16. Death of the blacksmith deity, birth of TITANITE DEMONS.
17. WITCH OF IZALITH attempts to recreate the first flame, fails, becomes BED OF CHAOS; birth of demons, loss of FIRE SORCERY, birth of PYROMANCY from QUELANA. Human students that leave LORDRAN are driven into the GREAT SWAMP.
18. Fall of IZALITH.
19. QUEELAG takes over part of BLIGHTTOWN, begins hunting humans for their humanity to cure sister. Founding of CHAOS SERVANTS.
20. PINWHEEL invades CATACOMBS, steals the RITE OF KINDLING.
21. Appearance of Primordial Serpents.
22. Revival of MANUS in OOLACILE.
23. Fall of OOLACILE.
24. Events of the DLC take place.
25. Outbreak of the curse.
26. Bishop HAVEL locked away in the Undead Burg.
27. Founding of the Way of White.
28. Curse turns most LORDRAN humans Hollow; Human areas renamed “Undead” Burg and Parish, undead spread down into BLIGHTTOWN.
29. SEATHE goes insane, Duke’s Archives sealed off; his creations begin kidnapping young maidens across LORDRAN.
30. Marriage of FLAME GOD FLANN and GWYNEVERE.
31. Many of the remaining Gods and lesser deities flee LORDRAN as the Flame dwindles; Creation of illusion to maintain sunlight in LORDRAN and the PRINCESS’S GUARD.
32. Creation of bonfires to extend the life of the First Flame (insufficient). Various beings charged with becoming Fire Keepers.
33. FIRELINK ALTAR AND SHRINE created.
34. GWYN links the fire, becomes Lord of Cinder; creation of Black Knights.
35. Creation of the LORDVESSEL; distribution of the Prophecy.
36. Creation of UNDEAD ASYLUM.
37. Fall of BALDER and the KNIGHT KING to the undead curse.
38. Fall of BERENIKE.
39. Fall of CARIM and its Earl, ARSTOR.
40. Events of first game play out.
41. Time paradox occurs where Age of Dark and prolonged Age of Fire exist simultaneously; world doomed to a cycle of the reincarnation of lord’s souls, a kingdom, the undead curse and the prolonging of the First Flame (in limbo) while the Lords no longer rule the world, relegated to an unnamed race.
42. The ABYSS becomes separate from reality, becomes the DARK CHASM OF OLD; fragments of MANUS and beings lost to the Dark scattered within. NASHANDRA is the first to return to the world, followed by the race of Giants who she has kinship with (potentially the reincarnation of ARCHTREES, as they turn into trees upon death; or a hybrid of ARCHTREES and the LORDRAN giants, who are now presumed lost, or a tertiary hybrid with the dark.)
43. LORDVESSEL destroyed with the 3 souls of Lords and fragments bestowed to SEATHE and the FOUR KINGS doomed to reincarnate.
44. LORDRAN is no longer a kingdom; new kingdoms arise over various cycles of the curse for an untold length of time, spanning many millennia.
45. Fall of VINHEIM, ASTORA, CATARINA, THE EASTERN LAND, FIVEFINGER DELTA, GREAT SWAMP, THOROLUND.
46. Evolution of HELLKITE DRAKES into DRAGONS (distinct from Ancient Dragons).
47. Ash Lake becomes Things Betwixt, replaces the Crow and Asylum as the main entry for Undead into the LORDRAN world. Becomes respite of the Fire Keepers, who are now redundant.
48. Formation and charging by “the Great Dead One” of the FENITO and MELFNITO.
49. UNDEAD CRYPT created to hold the dead, with adjoining shrine built in a root-covered hollow (NEW LONDO Ruins flooded completely?) to worship the dead and grant humanity.
50. Founding of LEYDIA.
51. Unknown party of clerics attempt to conquer Crypt, fail, are converted to Grave Wardens.
52. Unknown party of Imperious Knights attempt to conquer Crypt and fail.
53. Party of LEYDIA PYROMANCERS attempt to conquer Crypt and fail, turned to Apostles and witches.
54. Fall of LEYDIA (NOTE: the aforementioned parties could be part of the same kingdom/cycle/joined forces).
55. Mutated PYROMANCERS make their way to NO-MAN’S WHARF, become DARK STALKERS (demons?); live in the deep caves.
56. Rise of HEIDE, construction of TOWER OF FLAME and CATHEDRAL OF BLUE, founding of the Way of Blue and Blue Sentinels. Some lords become Old Knights.
57. HEIDE collapses into the sea.
58. Somehow, Ornstein (corrupted by Dark, his name forgotten) makes his way to the Cathedral of Blue ruins.
59. GYRM appear, driven into exile by humans.
60. Unknown Undead (HARVAL?) casts themselves into a bonfire (links the cycle?); revered as a saint. Grave of Saints built slightly above the remains of the catacombs and the Tomb; decay causes it to link with the former BLIGHTTOWN and DEPTHS, now the Gutter, which is above a chasm known as BLACK GULCH (part of IZALITH?). RAT KING appears, and then founds the Rat King Covenant.
61. Deep Pit constructed over the Gutter/Grave/Gulch linking to surface.
62. Creation of the SHRINE OF WINTER, the long tunnel, portals to DARK CHASM OF OLD, cauldrons within the DARK CHASM. DARKLURKER appears (all this potentially performed by a single “winter” kingdom; potentially obliterated by the Abyss as only a few jet black relics remain; apparently aware of Primordial Serpents and Dragons).
63. Founding of PILGRIMS OF DARK.
64. Foundation of the kingdoms of ALKEN and VENN over the LORDRAN/HEIDE ruins; though sharing a founder, “reduced to rivalry and spite”. Assumedly go to war with one another.
65. Fall of ALKEN and VENN.
66. Rise of OLAPHIS (location unknown, possibly over OOLACILE, definitely within LORDRAN).
67. Creation of LOST BASTILLE kingdom, under the “Jailer” (a lord? Undead Jailers large enough). Creation of Ruin Sentinels.
68. STRAID petrified in LOST BASTILLE.
69. Fall of OLAPHIS.
70. Unknown kingdom (AKELARRE?) rises and then falls (possibly over Duke’s Archives), creates SHADED WOODS AND RUINS; ghosts of soldiers still haunt area.
71. SCORPION COUPLE created by a past cycle’s Duke, inhabit the SHADED RUINS.
72. LION CLAN appears, inhabits SHADED RUINS. Potentially worshipped a “Saint Elizabeth”. This Saint could be one of the ones buried in the Grave of Saints.
73. Outbreak of curse in lands of LOST BASTILLE; converted to an undead prison. Jailers become Undead.
74. VENDRICK defeats Great Old Ones in his cycle, founds DRANGLEIC above LORDRAN/HEIDE/ALKEN&VENN/OLAPHIS (possibly AKELARRE) with ALDIA; creates CARDINAL TOWER fortress complex, ALDIA’s KEEP and MAJULA. Accepts some lords as ROYAL KNIGHTS under SYAN and one especially as VELDSTADT, assigns two as the THRONE WATCHER AND DEFENDER, has dragon eggs taken from the Aerie for DRAGONRIDERS. Creates a strong kingdom that lasts for centuries. ALDIA takes on many acolytes and begins his own experiments to study the undead curse and souls. Goes to war with LINDELT at some point in its history.
75. ALDIA discovers the remnants of the LORDVESSEL beneath MAJULA, begins further research into immortality, bonfires and the nature of the soul (primary focus of his brother, who wants to stall the cycle and avoid the curse, which he fears greatly and still exists (without new victims) from the previous cycle by forestalling his sitting on the throne of want).
76. PHARROS founds the DOORS OF PHARROS. Rat-Dogs within ally with the RAT KING.
77. GYRM settle in the DOORS.
78. DUKE TSELDORA founds BRIGHTSTONE COVE TSELDORA (above Crystal Caves).
79. DUKE and ALDIA collaborate upon his discovery of the Dragon Corpse in a huge cave deep below the town, infested by parasitic spiders; Duke moves his study there, next to a primal bonfire. Duke becomes obsessed with the strange spiders, ALDIA with dragons.
80. Founding of ALONNE (presumably above IZALITH), creation of the IRON KEEP around a primal bonfire; mining of the HARVEST VALLEY by undead humans and lords as slaves for ore and useful poison from spore bugs, refined in the EARTHEN KEEP. HEIRS OF THE SUN founded over ruins of an altar dedicated to the WARRIORS OF SUNLIGHT.
81. VOLGEN rises on the ruins of ASTORA, adopts the HEIRS OF THE SUN and hires the Falconers to protect its interests. MELFIA rises on the ruins of VINHEIM; LINDELT rises on the ruins of THOROLUND (LEYDIA?), adopts the ARCHDRAKE SECT, and begins pilgrimage to SHRINE OF AMANA to worship the MELFNITO (possibly goes to war with DRANGLEIC over possession of what they see as their holy land instead?). Founding of MIRRAH on the EASTERN LAND.
82. Demon of Song discovered in adjoining passage, AMANA priestesses dedicate lives to containing it so its hypnotic song attracts no more victims.
83. TSELDORA turns FREJA into THE WRITHING RUIN; outbreak of PARASITE SPIDERS kills most of BRIGHTSTONE COVE. Mining town above remains operational, though guarded by a contingent of soldiers.
84. Founding of JUGO by AUROUS (on CARIM/BALDER?), founding of VARANGIA, founding of LANAFIR (on ZENA?), founding of FOROSSA (on BERENIKE?).
85. Appearance of NASHANDRA; weds King, convinces him to steal something from Giants. Appears to be human/ a lord due to the king lacking Giant’s Kinship, which reveals her true form.
86. King returns from overseas with the ability to create golems, which he uses to create his Castle over and incorporating structures from the Winter Kingdom and the King’s Passage as well as stone soldiers and horse-headed statues.
87. Falls into dispute with his brother’s research method (shuns use of the undead, potentially horrified at what his brother created, while ALDIA strongly distrusts the new queen). Confines him to the Keep, continues his experiments, becoming a lord-like being in emulation of the ancient Lord of Sunlight (hiding his own soul and old armour deep in the Shrine, only able to be opened by himself as a human). Amasses thousands of souls to compensate, continues research.
88. Giants cross the sea in retaliation, are at war with DRANGLEIC for many generations.
89. ALDIA discovers an Everlasting Dragon skeleton deep in the Aerie and takes Ashen Mist Heart from it, founds ARCHDRAKE sect, DRAGON REMNANTS and the DRAGON SHRINE around a petrified dragon egg, obsessed with recreating dragons (Beginning of Dragon Acolytes) from similarly “lifeless” undead. Creates Looking Glasses (links to other worlds), revives and imprisons NAVLAAN (to study resurrection magic), research on basilisks, kobolds and ogres (one surviving from the Age of Ancients across cycles and the others native to Things Betwixt), the spore bugs (unnatural growth), and manipulating souls.
90. Imprisons an Aerie dragon (he no longer considers a true dragon) to research how to recreate the real ancient dragons. Creates the Primal Knights, Mutant Dogs, Ant Queen and Enhanced Undead over various tests, using his guards/dogs/undead victims until they are used up. Ant Queen and most Mutant Dogs thrown into Gutter, Primal Knights lost, and some Enhanced Undead manage to escape but are rounded up and put in the Sinner’s Rise.
91. ALDIA ventures into TSELDORA, enters the memories of the Ancient Dragon, learns how to recreate an Ancient Dragon. Takes on lords as DRAKEKEEPERS.
92. ALDIA’s Acolytes use the captured corpses of Giants to create a Giant Soul; ALDIA moves to Dragon Shrine, becomes an Ancient Dragon with the soul.
93. ALDIA reverse engineers SHANALOTTE from a dragon egg as a way to forestall the next undead outbreak, but fails. Nevertheless, he has demonstrated that (souls? humanity?) can be used to change one’s self.
94. VENDRICK goes to KEEP obtaining dragon eggs from the Aerie to rebuild his DRAGONRIDERS; discovers Looking Glasses, and research on Primal Knights. Recreates the Primal Knights and creates the Looking Glass Knight. Attempts to hatch new dragons in Castle fail despite plating his treasury with gold and filling it with gold and jewels (possible that dragons only hatch near TITANITE; high concentration of crystal lizards in aerie, possibly scavengers/food for baby dragons?). One of the remaining three DRAGONRIDERS ventures to HEIDE.
95. Events of Memories play out. DRANGLEIC ruined in the war and swept by the curse. Cardinal Tower fortress becomes the FOREST OF FALLEN GIANTS. Giants retrieved by the King used to make more golems.
96. Revenge party of giants comes to kingdom; only two remain lost deep under the Black Gulch.
97. Lost Bastille rediscovered by following giant falcon that began nesting in ruins of the Forest. Some Ruin Sentinels taken to guard the castle, the Pursuer created in ALONNE based on them with the sole purpose of hunting down and wiping out undead (possible connection to Falconers; attack the PC as soon as they start NG+, Pursuer carried around by giant falcon and fought twice, is potentially the first boss).
98. OLD IRON KING/VENDRICK captures a crew of VARANGIANS, soldiers force them to do hard labour in No-Man’s Wharf. Dark Stalkers overrun area, few survivors turned Hollow. Area reclaimed with a great lantern installed and the VARANGIAN ship is enchanted to ferry Undead to the Lost Bastille as prisoners. Lost when the kingdom finally crumbles, or when the Bastille is overrun.
99. LOST SINNER (presumably PRINCESS OF ALONNE) attempts to light the First Flame, fails, banished to SINNER’S RISE with a contingent of Royal Swordsmen; construction of Belfries at Iron Keep and Bastille so that she may communicate with her distant lover (The King? A Prince?). BELL KEEPER’S founded, maintained by unknown race of small beings dedicated to the lovers.
100. OLD IRON KING dedicates HUNTSMAN’S COPSE to Undead hunts; Artificial Undead and Torturers created to drive Undead Hollow, then to total death; captured undead sent to Undead Purgatory to be continually slain until totally obliterated by EXECUTIONER (unsuccessful). Presiding lords of ALONNE turn undead, become SKELETON LORDS.
101. Founding of BROTHERHOOD OF BLOOD in the Purgatory.
102. MYTHA goes mad from the Iron King’s ignorance, banished to the EARTHEN KEEP. Creates MANIKINS and have Grave Wardens and Desert Sorceresses as her servants. COVETOUS DEMON forms from her admirer.
103. Magma eruption swallows the IRON KEEP; SMELTER DEMON kills OLD IRON KING, turns his soul into a demon.
104. Fall of ALONNE.
105. Duke and survivors in BRIGHTSTONE COVE turn hollow.
106. Hollows forced into Shaded Woods and the Gutter; former become Goblins.
107. Chancellor WELLAGER becomes a ghost, almost all of DRANGLEIC undead; the King realises his queen’s trickery as an attempt to stall him from claiming the throne of want until the curse breaks out once more, rendering him outside this new cycle; he flees with a contingent of Royal Knights and other soldiers but his Queen remains. He posts the Looking Glass Knight to kill anyone who follows, and takes the King’s Ring with him as the only way to open the door to the throne (as well as to access the Giant’s Kinship, which somehow prevents NASHANDRA from circumventing the door). Reaches the Undead Crypt and isolates himself there, where the strong presence of Dark finally turns him Hollow and renders his Aegis, and his remaining guards, corrupted by dark and/or turned undead.
108. Events of the second game play out.